-

-

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 13 - Miracles!‏

Hola Family and Friends!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I am sure I will have a great birthday this week!

This week was one of the best so far. Hermana Clements and I saw miracles daily. We had tons of street lessons, all of which do not always turn into investigators, but we did find some awesome new people that I am excited to continue teaching. My favorite moment of my mission so far happened this week. We finally were able to meet with Karen, who was going to be baptized a few weeks back. We met her and her two kids (6 and 8) at the park. The kids played while we talked to her. We had an amazing discussion and talked about some of her fears. We reset her baptismal date and talked about teaching her kids the lessons at the same time as we teach her so her 8 year old son can be baptized with her. He even said that he wants to be baptized - they love church and the ward FHE. After the lesson we decided to sing a hymn together. Her kids ran and sang with us, it was precious, all crammed on the same bench in the middle of a park singing. Then her 6 year old daughter said the prayer. I definitely had tears in my eyes. They are an amazing family. Karen knows the gospel is what they need.

Last Sunday in church a lady also asked Hermana Clements if she was the missionary that sings, which she is. So we went and visited this old (93) year old lady, Hermana Clements sang, we shared a message, and this lady sang for us. She was an opera singer, and had quite the voice, especially for a 93-year -old. She was on this Spain singing show a few years ago too. She is pretty awesome and super sweet. We are going to start visiting her weekly.

We also met with Maria in the pueblo. She is doing amazing. She is super busy so struggled reading the BOM before, but we send her one scripture a day to read and it works perfect for her. She loves it and is super cute and marks the scriptures. She expressed how this is something she really wants. She came to church yesterday. The ward is great and definitely made her feel loved and welcomed.

I think that is all the updates for this week. It has been fantastic. I have loved being able to really recognize the help of the Lord as we help others come unto Christ.

My district leader, Elder Bohne, also gave us all a talk to read by Tad R. Callister about becoming a consecrated missionary. It was just what I needed. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored church of Jesus Christ. I know the He is always there to help us when we are doing the things in our life that we should be. I know that I cannot be perfect now, but that I can progress each day and become a little better because of the Atonement.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! Love you!

Love,
Hermana Bingham

Also, sorry I failed this week and took no photos. Next week I will have some, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment