-

-

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

14 months

Family and friends! 
It's been kinda a crazy week. Let's start at the beginning. Monday
night Hermana Hill and I met with a member I didn't know too well. She
is great and even has ideas of some youth we can meet with and help
out. It will be great. She's also big into outdoorsy stuff so will
hopefully be able to take us hiking on a pday soon! Tuesday morning we
also met with another lady from the ward with Hermana Bake. We talked
about Easter and the role of Christ in our personal lives. The Spirit
was definitely guiding the lesson and it went great (normally does
when we let the Spirit teach :) ). Tuesday afternoon we had an
adventure taking a 'shortcut' to our lesson that our maps app told us
which ended up basically going over a mini mountain. Okay, that's an
exaggeration, but it was crazy steep and long, not shorter.
Unfortunately we made it to be failed, but ran into a different
investigator soon after and we think finally got the importance of
praying from our heart not a recitation. Fun fact that a lady on the
street told us (so not sure if it's actually true..) is that Santiago
is the second largest Catholic city in Europe, next to Rome. 
Wednesday another adventure of the week started. The morning was
normal. Had a good lesson with a progressing investigator then
district meeting. Both went well. Then I headed off in train to Madrid
to renew my residency card. Got there around 9 and stayed with
Hermanas Olsen and Spencer, who I love. Thursday morning we went to
renew the card but the office elders were missing a paper they though
they had so I went to a different government building then back to the
other. It took longer and I missed my train to go home. My options
were wait until Monday (next available train) or a 9 hour bus ride to
Vigo on Friday then another two hours to Santiago. I chose the bus. It
was kinda sad because I felt like I missed out on real missionary work
for basically half the week, but it was important to take care of. 
On Saturday we were back to work. We met with one of our
investigator's mom and had a great conversation about our role in her
daughter's life. We keep praying that one day the mom will be open to
hearing this wonderful message as well. It would be a huge blessing
for the whole family.
We have met with more members this week and it is helping he attitude
of missionary work here and our relationships with them. Yesterday at
church we had 43 members! A record in quite a while. 
This week is semana Santa in Spain, basically like Easter week. There
will probably be some fun celebrations. It's also been great having an
emphasis in my studies of Christ's life and His resurrection. I know
He lives. And I know we can all find peace through His atonement.

Hope you all have a great week! 
Love, 
Hermana Bingham 
Didn't take photos this week... But here's one of my view while
emailing on the Bake's porch.
Awkward Santiago family photo
Sugar cookie contest pday

No comments:

Post a Comment