-

-

Monday, May 4, 2015

I think I´m dreaming in Spanish.. :)‏

Family and Friends!

It has been another great week here in Alcobendas. First, to explain my subject. The story reveals a slightly embarrassing fact about me, but I think it is worth it. One morning this past week Hermana Clements asked me if I remembered my dream. I asked why, and she said I was sleep talking the night before, but in Spanish this time. haha. She hadn´t even told me but apparently I had slept talk plenty of times before in English, she just found it funny it was in Spanish this time. I thought it was hilarious and was actually super excited that apparently my dreams are in Spanish. haha. I think it is a turning point.

This week has been pretty typical, but it was good. Karen and her kids are still doing awesome!! She sent Hermana Clements and I the cutest text basically telling us how grateful she is for this change in her life and for us helping her make it. She is precious and is going to be a rock solid member. She had all the missionaries over for lunch Saturday and made delicious food, she is an awesome cook. We had a great first lesson with a dad and his two teenage daughters. One of the less-actives that we teach came to church yesterday, wahoo!

We had a really good district meeting. We talked a lot about our purpose as missionaries. We are not here to simply help people have better lives or even to get them baptized. We are here to help people make the necessary covents to have eternal life and eternal families. We talked a lot about our focus needing to be that end, not baptism. It reminded me of the day Brad´s temple work was done and how happy our family was -  that is what we are trying to bring to others.

The ward also had a talent show Friday. The missionaries did a skit with the Elders acting the sisters and vice versa where someone is the head, and someone else is the arms of the body. It actually turned out hilarious. I have a video of it, but I think it is to long to share through email unfortunately.

I did not have time to tell you about last pday. We went to Segovia. It is basically a city that is how I pictured Spain before I actually got here, Cathedral, Castle, old aqueduct, and gorgeous countryside around it. It was super pretty and really fun, even though it was freezing there. Today for p-day we went to the Madrid Open for tennis. I saw some famous players, but unfortunately I do not follow tennis so did not know them. It was awesome to watch them play though. All 10 missionaries from Alcobendas, the Chappels (senior couple), and Jacksons (mission president and wife) came. It was really fun.

Yesterday was mother´s day here in Spain. The primary kids sang a cute song for the moms. It just made me realize that I get to skype my family in a week! Thanks to all the moms out there, especially mine and my grandmas!! Love you all lots!

I hope you all have an awesome week! Love you!

Love,
Hermana Bingham

1.  this is how you find meat here.. a little sketch. there is a warehouse with these delicious sandwiches that I wonder how we do not get sick from eating them. haha
2. great turnout at the ward talent show!
3 & 4 - the madrid open

these are all Segovia pictures




No comments:

Post a Comment