-

-

Monday, May 25, 2015

Karen AND David´s Baptism‏

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been SO GREAT! There were definitely many miracles. The biggest one was that Karen AND David were baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost this weekend. Karen has been debating if David should wait until he is older and really understands it more, but with lots of prayers, she told us Friday night it was okay for him to be baptized as well! So we had the interview for him that night and a wonderful weekend for the two of them. I have loved being able to see them change their lives and increase their testimony in the Savior. They are a great family and I can´t wait to see what other great blessings and things they will experience in their lives. I have also seen little miracles such as finding people on the street to teach when lessons fail and we have a member with us, being able to finally meet with a less-active that we have been trying to meet with my whole time here, having a talk in sacrament meeting being just what an investigator needed, and so on. Missionary work is great.

I also had a district meeting Wednesday that I loved. I learned a lot about making sure my focus is always on the Atonement. My desire to share the gospel should be to help others have the opportunity to apply the Atonement in their lives. I also need to remember the importance of the Atonement in my own life. I especially learned that I can apply the Atonement when I feel inadequate in any aspect.

We went to the ward activity this week as well. It was a physical activity - they ran and did some other exercises before we were able to make it after studies. They also had the men, women, and children split up doing yoga, games, etc. They played volleyball and other things. It was a good turnout and really fun! I love the Alcobendas ward!

Also.. it was transfer week! Hermana Clements and I were both ´sure´ that Hermana Clements was going to be leaving. But we are both staying! I am excited for another transfer with Hermana Clements! I am really excited to get to be her companion longer, she has been awesome. This also means that my training is officially over. It has gone by way too fast. I cannot believe I have been in the field for 3 full months. I can´t imagine doing anything else though. I love the gospel and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so happy and grateful for the opportunity to share this message with the people here in Spain.

Love you all!
Hermana Bingham

Pics are from Karen and David´s baptism. We were able to do it in the bishop´s pool because it is ´´summer´´ - the water was still freezing!
more pics of baptism and one from ward activity
We took pictures with a few people during the week thinking one of us was leaving.. so here are a few more
1 - all the Alcobendas hermanas with Eusebio
2 - us with Nancy and Roger
3 - me with Alia, Andy´s daughter
4 - us with Maria Antonia

No comments:

Post a Comment