-

-

Monday, August 10, 2015

Happiness

Dear Family and friends,

I've been thinking this week a lot about happiness. Then this week Brother Gehring (a man from my home ward, taught me temple prep, and sends me great emails every week) sent me an email with this quote from President Harold B. Lee: "Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you but on what happens inside of you; it is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." I also read Elder Uchtdorf's talk 'Your Wonderful Journey Home' where he said, "Happiness is the destination, but it's also the path." The truth is this week was not successful, have had a lot of discouragements with investigators, should have been a "hard" week, but I wouldn't have been anywhere else this week. I have a lot to learn still, but I'm starting to realize that what happens around me and the choices of others does not need to affect my happiness. I'm grateful that my happiness is my choice.

The week did end really well last night. We had our FHE at Andy's house. There were a lot of recent converts, a few less actives, and investigators. After the elders showed a Mormon message about listening to the promptings of the spirit even in the midst of many distractions of the world, one member related it to her conversion story. Then an investigator of only 4 days said she knew there was something special about our church from the beginning from the way she has felt, then recent converts (including Karen :) ) starting sharing their conversion stories and bearing their testimonies. The Spirit was so strong. It was a great experience.

Today for pday Toni from the ward took us on a tour of Madrid. It's so much better visiting places with natives who have a little history to share. It was fun. We had famous Madrid calamari sandwiches. I'm even learning to like seafood. :)

I hope you have a great week! Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Bingham


One perk of living in the area of the senior couple.
Best tutoring ever. Love Caroline.

Dinner at the Larsens.

We ran into Hermana Berry from our MTC group in Madrid today!

The exact center of Spain.

Where the royal family used to come to watch bull fights, executions, etc at plaza mayor

The wall is curved because it used to be the city wall (curved so people couldn't climb it) and then people were so poor so used the one wall already there to build their apartments.

Cathedral of Madrid.  Funny story - one queen had some of the stained glass inside covered for her wedding because she thought it was so ugly.  At least I was told.


No comments:

Post a Comment