-

-

Monday, August 31, 2015

The Holy Ghost‏

Family and Friends!

I've had a great week. The thing I'm most grateful for this week is the Spirit. I've been guided by the Spirit this week and received confirmations of the truthfulness of the message I am sharing. As many of you know, as missionaries, we share the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ often, multiple times a day. Sometimes it is hard for me to not simply get in a routine and share the same things, instead of teaching it for each individual person. In zone conference this week we listened to a general conference talk about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and talked about this message a lot. I felt the Spirit strong and reconfirmed my testimony of the restoration, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. I felt the same strong confirmation during a family home evening this week. We also taught a man who had met with the Hermanas about a year ago to simply learn English for his work and they tried to share messages and the Book of Mormon with him but he was not interested. When we met with him, I know what we were saying was guidance of the Spirit and he accepted the Book of Morrmon- to read and pray about it. I have also been guided in ways to discern needs of people we are teaching and how to help work with the ward better. In fact, the second have of our zone conference was about this- being a full-purpose missionary and working with the investigators, less actives, leaders of ward, also be looking for new people to teach, etc. Hermana Vilariño and I have made new goals to help us achieve this idea of a full-purpose missionary. I love Barrio 8. I'm grateful to be working here. I know the Book of Mormon is revelation given to prophets in ancient Americas and that we can come unto Christ as we read and follow its teachings. I know it was translated by Joseph Smith who was a prophet of God called to be an instrument in the Restoration of of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost to confirm the truthfulness of these things to me and to guide me in my personal life and with missionary work- sharing the gospel with all. I love you all so much and am grateful for your support. 

Oh, one other awesome thing of the week- a used to be less active member we teach has been coming to church and told us this week he wants to serve a mission now! Yay! :)

Love,
Hermana Bingham

Only picture I took this week- an 8-yr-old in the ward was baptized and we helped with the baptism. After they had a minions party, which we didn't stay for, but the decorations were pretty awesome. And Hermana Vilariño is in love with minions, which meant a needed pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment