-

-

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

17 months today.

Family and Friends,

I feel so blessed to be a missionary. I love it. Let me tell you of just a few experiences this week that help me feel that way. We met one lady, Margarita, with her daughter in the street last week. When we called to set up an appointment, she said she would like a blessing for her health (turns out her sister in NJ is a member). We went to her home Saturday and the elders gave her a blessing. It was a beautiful experience and the spirit was strong. She immediately felt more calm for her surgery and already recognizes the power of the priesthood that has been restored. Her and her daughter came to church yesterday as well. They are both very excited and prepared to accept the message of the gospel. Saturday we had another great experience.
Last minute we ended up visiting a member who hasn't been to church in many years. As we talked, I felt a strong impression to invite her boldly and directly then and there to come to church the next morning. She kinda chuckled, but said, "yes, I need to be there, I know it." We stopped by her house on the way to church Sunday and she was ready and anxious. Old church friends were so happy to see her. And she bore a beautiful testimony during relief society. I didn't do a thing, yet her Heavenly Father knew what she needed to hear. Being willing to follow that inspiration is key in missionary work. Our recent convert, Eloisa, also made a cute comment in relief society. She said when she was baptized and looked at herself in those white clothes she thought, "wow, I'm beautiful" and looked younger (she's 73) and more vibrant. Another lady related that to how we are literally more beautiful when we have the Spirit with us. It's true. Anyway, it's been a great week for me.  Hope yours has been as well!

Love you all!
Hermana Bingham


Sorry, only photo this week is of our lunch. I'll try to get a better one next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment