-

-

Thursday, January 28, 2016

One year. And Gerbert was baptized!‏

Family and Friends, 

I've had an amazing week. I'm so blessed to serve here. As a
missionary, I've found so much joy in seeing little progress or little
things that the people we visit do. I had many of these happy moments
this week. In a lesson with Gerbert he explained that he found out
that two of his friends are members, both inactive, and that he's been
trying to get them to come to church with him for awhile. He invited
them to his baptism as well. He's been 'secretly' doing his missionary
work. He's a great example for them. We also taught a less active
member and she had read in the Book of Mormon for the first time in a
long time and learned a lot. At church we saw a tithing envelope in
Victor's hands, ready to give to the bishop. When we called Gerbert,
he was studying the Book of Mormon. A new investigator asked us if he
came to church this Sunday if he could be baptized the following
Saturday. A recent convert asked us a few questions about something
specific she was studying to be able to explain it better to her
friend. We were reading the Book of Mormon for kids with a kid we are
teaching and he didn't want to stop and put it down. Another recent
convert is going to teach Sunday school and is really excited. A lot
of little, beautiful moments this week. 
We had a worldwide missionary training on Wednesday. It was called 'We
teach repentance to baptize converts' and was amazing. I love the
guide from leaders of the church. 
Gerbert was also baptized Saturday and received the gift of the Holy
Ghost yesterday. He was so happy the whole weekend. Smiling and
telling everyone how good he felt. His two sons were able to come.
It's great to literally see a difference from the first time we talked
to now. The gospel is amazing and truly changes lives. 
This week I also hit my one year mark. I can't believe it. This year
has been amazing. Everyday I learn something new or have some
experience that helps me understand how loving our Heavenly Father
really is and that helps me learn more about the gospel and how
blessed I am. This year I've had some of the best and hardest
experiences in my life. I have learned and grown a lot, and still have
so much more to learn and improve. More than anything, I'm really
grateful to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints and testify of Him and His restored gospel and the
happiness that comes and importance of living it so we can qualify to
live with our Heavenly Father again. 
I love you all lots! Hope you have a great week! 
Love, 
Hermana Bingham

Gerbert was Baptized!


No comments:

Post a Comment